Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Matcha Series: Green Milk In My Cereal

I've been relying on cereal bowls the past couple of weeks. It's a quick breakfast fix that can be just as healthy (or not!) as you make it. 


This is my favorite combo right now: organic puffed rice cereal, coconut shreds, hemp seeds, walnut pieces and green milk. Green milk, you say? That's my secret to adding an extra boost of nutrition and flavor. Oh and let's not forget the healthy levels of caffeine to kickstart the day ;) See the recipe below.




All you need is this:
-1 tsp matcha powder (I use this one from Kiss Me Organics)
-1 cup of non-dairy milk (I like using vanilla almond milk for cereal)
-a tall glass
-small whisk or milk frother

Directions:
Pour milk into the tall glass then add the matcha powder. Whisk by hand or use an electric frother.


Your green milk is now ready to use. I love using it in my cereal, oatmeal, smoothies, baking and sometimes I'll drink it straight. Feel free to get creative with it! 


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I never thought of putting it into my breakfast. I usually put a tsp of matcha in water and drink it. Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete