Monday, December 17, 2012

Exams and Snickerdoodles

Hello again, it's exam time for me at the moment. It's stressful and crazy but it goes by very quickly. I am now in my fourth year of university, and I've become quite the expert at procrastination. As I was taking out my books and study notes, I stumbled upon the VegNews Holiday Cookie Contest (don't ask me how these things happen, I have no idea!). Naturally, I got the urge to make cookies... So I did, obviously. I've been meaning to try out a recipe my friend gave to me. She had made me some snickerdoodle cookies for my birthday and they were amazing! I've had the recipe for a while, but I've been in cupcake mode lately. So I figured, perfect! I'll test it out, I need food while I'm studying anyways (doesn't every student use this excuse?). Thank goodness I had JUST enough Earth Balance butter left. Here is the recipe she gave me, complete with notes:



Snickerdoodle cookies

3/4 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of cinammon
3/4 tsp of Baking powder
1/4 cup of sugar
5 tbsp of non dairy butter
3/4 tbsp of vanilla
2 tbsp of almond / soy / coconut milk

Roll in 1 tbsp of cinammon
and 2 tbsp of sugar

Heat at 350 for 10 mins (I did 13)
Directions are simple: mix the dry ingredients and mix the wet ingredients, then combine. (I did whip the sugar and butter in the mixer to make it flufflier)


Here's how they tuned out:

Got my batter ready and my rolling-in-cinnamon-sugar bowl station all set up for the rolling, coating, placing, fork-smooshing process.

Sending them to the oven.....


Done! They turned out great :) I think I'll be making some of these as gifts for christmas! Needless to say, they didn't last very long... Brain food, right?!
Take care everyone, see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment