Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Urban Craft Fall 2013 Edition




On Sunday, September 22nd 2013, the Glebe Community Center hosted the fall edition of Urban Craft Market. This event gathers over 45 local vendors in the Ottawa region and nearby to display and sell their crafts, food and unique items.



On that gloomy Sunday, I went to Urban Craft with my two favourite girlies, Myriam from BeauteOptic and Stephanie from Lip Stains & the Walk of Shame. Before we even went inside, we had a magic moment. Steph and I spotted these adorable purple bikes! This adorable bike rental stand just outside the Glebe Community Center. The company is called Right Bike and it's a membership-based bike-sharing program. Check it out!




I've always loved going to craft shows. It was one of my favourite things to do with my mom growing up, especially during the holidays. It's so much fun to try and see every single booth, not wanting to miss any of the cool new things. Here are a few of the fabulous vendors I went to see.



Dot & Lil bath and body products from Montreal
Koko Chocolates (some were vegan!)
Versatile decorative tiles

 Purple Urchin bath and body products made in Ottawa
(I love this girl! Stay tuned for my upcoming review on some of her goodies) 

Delicious food items from Café My House
(This is one of my favourite restaurants!)

I also want to mention two other vendors that I thought were fabulous: Bytown Beanery had some amazing freshly roasted coffee beans, and Blisscraft&Brazen were selling some beautiful wood creations.  
I know what you're thinking, and yes, I did want to buy everything. YAY! I was in love with this atmosphere, the excitement and the new/local/eco vendors I got to meet. To view a full list of the vendors, click here. Now I did have to practice some self-restraint, so here are my purchases for this fall-edition of Urban Craft.

Earl Grey Lavender tea from World of Tea
Coconut Bacon and Pumpkin Spice Caramel from Café My House
Chocolate Face Mask and Lemon Meringue Hand Balm from Purple Urchin
Mango Habanero Jelly from West End Chiles

Oh, and I did get some delicious vegan food of course. Auntie Loo's Bakery was hosting a pop-up diner where they served a full menu of lunch items. For some reason, I decided to pose with my food this time. Probably the earrings, I'm obsessed with these fab earrings!


Jambalaya and Savoury Harvest Pie

Pumpkin Scone and Cinnamon Roll

I had such a wonderful time attending this. Do you frequent craft shows? What type of vendors do you like the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment