Thursday, August 6, 2015

Restaurant: A Thing for Chocolate

I have a thing for A Thing for Chocolate. That's right, I've been there many times and I won't stop! There's buzz going on about this hidden gem in the Hintonburg neighbourhood of Ottawa. They even received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor! The French-themed restaurant has an extensive menu of sweet and savory crepes, coffee and mocha drinks. 


The owner, Omar, has developped a seperate vegan crepe menu and keeps
non-dairy milks and chocolates available. I love seeing layers in the freshly made iced soy latte!


Try not to drool on the chocolate display case. Make sure to ask which ones are vegan.


On my most recent visit, Omar made me a BBQ crepe with vegan sausage, mushrooms and vegan cheese. It was excellent! I also liked that the two crepe grills are visible, it's fun to see it in action.


Can we take a minute and talk about how cute this place is? The vintage decor, the french music, the chocolate display, the plates, the comfy chairs. *Sigh*


Make sure to put this on your must-visit list!

You can see the menu at http://www.athingforchocolate.ca/ or follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment