Thursday, March 21, 2013

5 Ingredient Recipe: Grilled Apples with Hazelnut-Maple Caramel

There I go again, another 5 Ingredient Recipe for my lovely readers, and it's a sugar-free desert this time! This one was a very spur-of-the-moment post, here's why:
If you have ever had supper with me, you would know that when I finish supper, I usually want to have a little something sweet to finish it off. It turns out, I'm the queen of throwing random ingredients together after dinner and making up a desert as I go. While I'm still working on emptying pantry items, I had a huge bag of apples that were starting to go bad. So I cut them up and grilled them, of course! I already had our George Foreman Grill (our awesome yard sale find!) set up from supper, so I used it again for desert. Why not! I wanted some sort of dip for them, and to the pantry I went. Maple syrup, hazelnut butter and cinnamon answered my call. This sweet yummy dish turned out to be extremely easy and sugar-free too!
I have to warn you, it doesn't photograph very well, and neither do I. It would seem that I need to do more collaborations with Myriam from Beauteoptic. And by collaborations, I mean using her photography skills for my blog. So, I'm sorry about the awful photo, but here is the turn out:



Grilled Apples with Hazelnut-Maple Caramel
Ingredients:
1 apple (I used Fuji)
olive oil spray (for the grill)
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon of hazelnut butter (I use this kind from Well.ca)
dash of cinnamon
Directions:
Cut the apples in quarters, then remove the center core (I usually keep the skin on, it has more nutrients!). Cut the apple into about 1/4 inch thin slices and place slices on the grill for 3-5 mintues. Meanwhile, mix the maple syrup, hazelnut butter and cinnamon together in a microwave-safe small bowl. Place in microwave for 30 seconds, syrup will be bubbling. Place in fridge and stir every few minutes until it has a thick caramel consistency. Place the cooked apples on a plate and drizzle caramel on top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josee,

    We received a request from Urbanspoon user "Josee" claiming that they are the author of Vegan Bananas. It sounds like you, but I'm writing to verify that this is the case and that you want to allow Josee to manage your blog on Urbanspoon.

    You can visit the Urbanspoon page for Vegan Bananas here:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/10/10513/Toronto/Vegan-Bananas.html

    Please reply via email and let me know whether or not we should approve this claim.

    Thanks!
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete