Monday, March 11, 2013

5 Ingredient Recipe: Spicy Artichoke Quesedillas

I have news: I will be moving to Ottawa in the spring! In preperation, we are trying to empty out our pantry as much as we can before the move. I'll be posting many recipes using ingredients from cans, jars, boxes and the freezer. Lately, I've also been attempting to make dishes with the least amount of ingredients possible.
This is the first post in an all-new series of recipes with 5 or less ingredients! (5 Ingredient Recipes) Easy peasy and super delicious are my goals for this new series. Being in a time-crunch or just plain lazy, these are fantastic!

I apologize for my awful photography skills, but here they are:




Ingredients for one quesedilla:
2 small tortillas (I used these sprouted corn tortillas)
2 tbsp medium heat salsa (medium heat counts as spicy for me, I'm a wuss!)
2 pieces of marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (I used this kind from Costco)
About 1/4 cup Daiya vegan cheddar cheese
Olive oil for greasing pan (does this really count as an ingredient? probably not)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put one tortilla down on a greased baking sheet. Spread the salsa evenly on the tortilla, then top with artichoke pieces and Daiya cheddar. Top with remaining tortilla and pop in the oven for 7-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want them. Slice up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment