Monday, July 21, 2014

The Matcha Series: Saturday Morning Pancakes

My prefect Saturday morning includes pancakes and a movie, with the inevitable cuddles from furry babies.



I've tried lots of pancake recipes in the past, and it has resulted in quite a few kitchen disasters. My favourite so far is the one in Chloe Coscarelli's cookbook, Chloe's Kitchen. Using this, I've developed my own version that can be pre-mixed and handy when needed. This is my pancake mix recipe:





You will need:
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Mixing bowl
Whisk
Storage container

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients well in the mixing bowl, and sift through a sieve if necessary. Transfer to storage container and seal well. Prepare label including these instructions;
Mix 1 cup pancake mix with 1 cup non-dairy milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Melt some coconut oil in a nonstick skillet and fry about 1/4 cup of the batter at a time on medium heat.



This weekend, I decided to mix it up and add 1 teaspoon of the Kiss Me Organics Matcha to my 1 cup of pancake mix when preparing my batter. It looked quite green at first but as it cooked, the green colour was much more subtle.



They turned out really good! The green tea flavour was very subtle, and the flavours worked well topped with some MichaelsDolce Lavender Blueberry Jam (my favourite from his line of artisan jams using local ingredients) and drizzled with pure maple syrup.



See the rest of The Matcha Series recipes here!

No comments:

Post a Comment