Thursday, October 16, 2014

5 Ingredient Recipe: French Toast

After finally unpacking most of my moving boxes from September, I pulled out my mom's old breadmaker and decided to give it a spin. I tried the recipe from Robin Hood that fit my machine size, substituting the butter for vegan margarine. It was so moist and delicious! The only problem with fresh bread is the preservation. It usually goes a bit stale after a day or two, but this is perfect for french toast! Here is my easy-peasy recipe.



Ingredients:



4 slices of thick-cut bread (homemade and day-old is best!)
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Place banana in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add in cinnamon and vanilla and slowly mix in non-dairy milk until well combined. The mixture should be more runny but still sticky, so add more milk if needed. Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan. Take one bread slice and dip both sides into the mixture. Immediately put it into the hot frying pan and fry each side until golden, about 2-5 minutes each. Repeat dipping and frying with the rest of the slices. Serve with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment