Thursday, September 25, 2014

VegFoodFest 2014: Part 3 - Sunday

For my third day in Toronto, I needed to get myself some breakfast since VegFoodFest started a little later. We went to Fresh Restaurant for a lovely breakfast of vegan pancakes, tofu scramble, tempeh bacon and a side of onion rings. Their almond milk latte is also amazing! I also loved the funky paint colors and chandeliers, it made for a fun atmosphere. 



Once at the Harbourfront where the festival is held, I attended Big Bald Mike's first ever public speaking event.
He rocked it! His story was so inspiring and I can't wait to get my hands on his soon-to-be published book.


Next up was the DONUT SHOWDOWN! Professional chefs and home cooks got to have their donuts judged by a panel of experts. Donuts for days....



Leanne from Vaute Couture shared her story about building her business to create change. She made sure that every step in her business has a positive impact on the world. If we all did that in our lives and businesses, what a beautiful world it would be! Her speech also covered good lessons she learned along the way in entrepreneurship and growing her business.


The Toronto Vegetarian Association not only put this festival together, but they also had some amazing books for sale. Check out these gems!


I bumped into the peeps behind HeartCoeur, an online retailer of vegan & cruelty-free beauty products.

Carla and I


Karma ChaMEALeon brought over their yummy vegan food truck, but I didn't get to try anything this year. Last year I had the philly cheezesteak, so good!


I want to say a last big THANK YOU to the Toronto Vegetarian Association for putting on this wonderful event, having such great vendors and speakers. It was an amazing experience to be around all these like-minded people exploring all sorts of amazing vegan products.


See last year's posts on VegFoodFest
See Part 1 - Friday
See Part 2 - Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment