Sunday, January 6, 2013

New year, new resolution!

Hello again! I'm back after a very busy holiday season, and of course after a hangover on January 1st I've made a few resolutions that I'l like to acheive this year. Living with my sister, we influence eachother in ways we don't even notice, including our diets and groceries we buy. She had been telling me about her "detox" plan (from her personal trainer) coming up in the new year, so I thought it would be great to try something like that myself. Since I start classes again on monday, I've decided January 7th would be my start date, as I phase out the forbidden foods out of my fridge (eating them!) and look up recipes until then.

One of my favourite vegan resources is +Eco-Vegan Gal. I love everything she does and I find her channel so inspiring. I had seen Whitney's videos  about her last year's January cleanse using the Crazy Sexy Diet book by Kris Carr and decided to give it a shot. I didn't have the book, so I did some research. After reading this review, I could understand the basic rules and decided to go out and buy the book. The book has a great daily checklist to keep you on track and is also great for documenting your journey during the cleanse. Kris includes some great recipes to get you started, including various green juice recipes to keep it exciting.




I have also been focusing on the recipes in Appetite for Reduction from one my favourite vegan authors, Isa Chandra Moskowitz. This is my go-to book for when I need a healthy fix, it's filled with tons of fresh recipes that are delicious and comforting that leave me feeling great. Preparing for this cleanse/diet, my poor books got bombarded with sticky notes, I had an over-the-top enthusiastic fridge cleaning, and bought a cart-full of organic fruits and veggies. My sister isn't vegetarian or vegan, so our programs do vary, but we have found that we are reducing alot of the same "bad foods" like sugar, coffee and alcohol.

As I'm writing this, I am heading to bed tonight to my first cleanse day tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty excited and proud that I will be taking this challenge that will help not only myself but the environment too! It's a step towards what I want to do with my life and I feel so passionate about it. I'll post again soon to keep you (and myself) updated on my progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment